Friday, January 20, 2012

Staying Focused...

Doing things the right way is how we envision our total program. Academic excellence, an emphasis on the team versus the individual, service to our community, dedication to our families and a commitment to everyone involved with our program are the core hallmarks upon which we have built our program. We never want to lose sight of what is ultimately important, even as we chase the ring everyday.

In this game of basketball, I unfortunately encounter so many people that are simply selfish and all about themselves. It can be very disheartening at times. But what I remind myself everyday is why I do this. I make sure I never get distracted by others or caught up into that web. I stay focused on the vision and never compromise my position as the leader responsible to execute that vision. I am dogmatic about protecting our core values. That does come with a cost but it is a price I am willing to pay.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment